Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween


This year seemed just a little bit different then other years. Still the same question of what to be...still the same excitement to get candy and still the same wondering how to pull off 5 separate costumes...the reality of my little ones growing up set in. Rian had a tough time figuring out what to be, but did a great job in the end. But after a few houses I think she realized why things felt different... she is getting too old for this. That hit it for me. Wow, life sure doesn't sit still for a minute.


From Pirate...
My little pirate...I made his shorts and sash from scrap fabric I had...but we did get a bandanna and a hat.



To witch...
She was opposed to face paint at first, but loved it...


Ninja...
He loved doing his own face paint and being comfortable in his costume


Deadly Vampire...
Loved wearing a cape


All the way to ...80's fashionista!
She kept asking why people dressed this way and why their hair had to be so high...I couldn't make it too high, but she liked it.



Saturday night was the ward trunk or treat party. Killer hay ride with Bro. Coles through the woods around PTC church building...for those of you who know what I'm talking about...it was a thrill for sure, but a lot of fun. Monday morning I decided to take Ammon Trick or Treating around Downtown Newnan Square. Thanks Kristin for reminding me about these fun things to do...it's been awhile since having little ones around... Ammon loved it. At first he was shy...note the picture...


Finally he had warmed up and knew what to do.



Saw the firemen and their dog...


But if you ask Ammon anything about that day you won't get any response about candy or dressing up...you will get an answer about trains and seeing the ding dings go down...We saw a train go through Newnan...his most favorite thing in the world.


After it had passed, we walked the tracks and found an empty tanker car to climb on. It was his favorite day ever!!

That evening we did go trick or treating. We hit Swansbrough Manor, a haunted yard that is put together in someones front yard. It's amazing! Then hit several houses. Like I said before, I think this is the first year the kids (and adults) are feeling like they are getting older. It was a fun, chilly night.

No comments: