Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Magic Of Becoming ...



My big girl has turned 8 years old. Happy Birthday to Tarin, my big sweetie!

In the week leading up to her birthday, we took her to do the long awaited task...get her ears pierced. She was so excited!!

We went down to Ashley Park to the Claire's shop. Tarin wasn't the only one who enjoyed the store!



She was so brave! She never made a sound. I don't know if it was from shock or worry, but she did very well! I was impressed. The only indication she gave was her eyes got really big when the piercing happened. It was so cute to watch.

Sigh of Relief


Because her birthday fell on a Fast Sunday, we did the breakfast pancakes Saturday morning...

A cute story about Fast Sunday, she was very excited to fast for her first time. Back in May, Jarom was coaxed by me to bear his testimony...which he did, and he loved afterward, despite his nerves. This also triggered his younger two sisters to do the same the next month (they would ask every Sunday if it was Fast Sunday, they were that eager). They were nervous, but did complete the task...Raegan even wrote her testimony down so she wouldn't mess up. Finally, in July, the first Sunday of the month was yet another Fast Sunday and Tarin's birthday. Tarin, along with Jarom and Raegan, again stood before the congregation and gave a sweet, nervous testimony. But the smile and shining eyes melt my heart! She really is a wonderful young girl that has a beautiful, heart of gold.



Tradition in our family has been the cookie cake. This is the one time a year they get to make this with me without anyone else. It's been our one on one time together. She's getting older to where she almost didn't need me to help her...she followed the recipe, put it into the pan, and put it into the oven. I love spending that time with her and each of my kids. They are growing up so fast! Happy Birthday to my Big Girl!



Thank you to both Grandmas for the cards and gifts! You both are the icing on the cake for our kids. Thank you.

This was fun...Gma Wardwell sent Tarin some little toe rings. We all wanted to try them on...even Ammon. If it wasn't for my pink painted toe nails, I don't know if I could pick out my own foot in this picture! And yes...Rian had painted Ammon's nails blue... The other two feet are Tarin's

1 comment:

Stacey DeMille Wardwell said...

Wow, I'm so impressed with Tarin's bravery! I remember having to calm Kiley down while she was hyperventilating and she was a lot older:) It's so wonderful to hear about the kids bearing their testimonies, thanks so much for sharing.