Friday, July 22, 2011

Blueberry Pickin'

I had the great opportunity to once again go blueberry picking with Kristi Henderson and several other wonderful people. Kristi has a friend that owns land with these huge blueberry bushes. It was once a place for people to come pick for a fee, but this lady doesn't want to hassle with that...so thanks to Kristi and her friend, we have come back every year to relish in this delicacy.


A beautiful bright morning for picking berries!


Oh the bushes were just bursting! Overflowing with berries! Had to be creative to maximize the experience. Used Trent's belt to loop the colander around me...then be able to dump it into a bigger bowl...then into the 5 gallon bucket.



Kristi Henderson, Joy Coles, Me, Rusti Gray -- showing off our loot! Yep, I filled my whole bucket! As soon as I got home, the kids ate a big portion, but I've loved giving bags and bags of blueberries to friends! It was a great day.

1 comment:

The Grush's said...

I am so jealous. I miss picking blueberries there. Enjoy some for me.