Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fuzzy The Caterpillar


As I work on costumes outside (painting involved) for the Youth Cultural Temple Celebration (pics to come)...Tarin and Ammon were noticing that if you just look around, you could find all kinds of caterpillars! Ammon liked to squish them and say they have green bugers coming out, but I kept telling him that there won't be any butterflies without them. That sparked Tarin's interest. She wanted to keep one and watch it transform. This brought me back to my 2nd grade days. I had a teacher that had 2 caterpillars in a jar, and as they went through their transformation she took the time to point it out and tell us what was happening. I loved that experience, because I'm an observer and I know my kids have some of the same qualities. My only hope is, the little guy doesn't kill over! Hopefully we can witness the same things...hope it doesn't turn to a moth! Guess I should have researched that before Tarin invested so much interest into this guy!

He was named Fuzzy...I know...how did they ever come up with that one...?

Is there such thing as "shaken caterpillar syndrome"? Ammon may have invented that one...

No comments: