Friday, September 17, 2010

Coo-pon-ing Or Q-pon-ing ...

...However you say it...I'm trying to dive right in! I'd like to think throughout my life and especially through marriage, I'm a penny-pincher...better said 'frugal'. I've gone to consignments for clothing along with hand-me-downs from family (Thank you Lorel!!) yard sale for furniture, and anything else you can think of...we have done it... Come to think of it we barely own anything new.

With Trent's job becoming scary-gone (almost) I'm trying to take this to the next level. For a long time we thought Walmart was the cheapest ever, but now a friend of mine (Thank You Symony) has given me the crash course to Publix and the beauty of coupons. Now it's going to take 6 weeks to truly catch up on coupons and start to seeing results on a regular basis. But this really isn't an option for us to toy with. Soon ' Double Coupons' or 'Penny Item' will be on the brain. Hopefully I will start to see receipts saying "total was $170 but now it's $54!" Yep, I have a long road to learn this art, but I'm giving it a try...wish me luck!

1 comment:

Kendall said...

I do this, and it is awesome. I save so much money and I keep our cupboards stocked...full! Let me know if you have any questions. I have been doing it for a while! ;)