Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Slide Rock

Part of the reunion included going up to Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon and reliving our family memories at Slide Rock! It is so beautiful up there.
When we were little, we use to park on the side of the road and hike down into this attraction, now it's a national park. As you can see it's very popular now. It was a lot of fun and great times.

Jarom was named Otter after this day, he just kept going down this slide over and over...just an FYI, this is snow water straight from the mountains, so I myself didn't spend a ton of time in this, but the kids ate it up!


Jared
Some minor cliff jumping went on. This ledge was about 15 ft. I wasn't able to catch the 30+ft jump event.
Ben in all his white glory!


yep, that's me...don't think I could breathe much going down...it was very cold!





Jarom helping Raegan

Go Jared, Go Tony!


Rian wanted to show how brave she was...I was very proud of her...she went many more times after this.



Spectators warming up


Daddy and Tarin

Gpa and Carter

Trent making his debut off the little cliff...






Jarom ended up needing to be "tapped" off the cliff, and I decided it was time to show how it's done!

Ammon loved it too!

2 comments:

Stacey DeMille Wardwell said...

Wow, how fun is all of that!! I'm so jealous!!! Your family pictures are gorgeous.

davidcarriebrownfam said...

Wow! That looks awesome!