Saturday, September 19, 2015

Wonder Woman Ride

 The entire summer I had learned and worked hard at road biking.  This is my first season doing anything with biking, and I've loved it!  It's the perfect workout for me.  I'm not a big runner, or I think it's boring, but with biking it seems to work my whole body and I get to explore the entire valley.  I find thrill in riding on the roads with traffic.  I know the rules, but I just hope the traffic does too.  This picture, I came upon these row of cars...although they are parked the thought occurred to me "I hope no one opens their doors while I ride by..." hahaha

Trent had put this up the day before my event.  I aimed to do 70 miles but my riding friend coaxed me to do the 100...so I did.

My first ever road bike event, The Wonder Woman Ride down in Payson, UT.  It started early so the picture was dark, but despite the chilly temp, I was ready to conquer something this day.

 Getting ready to take off with the 30 or so riders that are working toward the 100 miles...Throughout the day we met up with the other riders doing the 70, 30 and 15.
 All day we rode around Payson, and the different small towns like Santaquin, Genola, Mona, Goshen Canyon, Goshen, around West Mountain by Utah Lake (beautiful apple orchards), around Benjamin and back around in Payson.  It was a perfect weather day and I loved having my friend Tia White motivate me to be my best.  She is who I owe all my accomplishments to.  She taught me all I know about biking.  Everything from equipment, maintenance, nutrition, bike functions, and training.  I'm still a beginner, but without her I probably would have only tried the 15 or 30 mile event.  She pushed me and showed me what I was capable of.  I appreciate her so much and was sad that she moved across the valley from me.  I respect her and owe all of my "therapy" to her.  It was a great summer.


The one and only picture with Tia White.  She will not allow any pictures of her, so Trent was able to sneak one in of her at our finish line.  My bum was super sore, but otherwise I felt pretty good and my muscles weren't too sore the following days.  Again, this was a wonderful experience that I will always remember.  Thank you Tia for being such a good friend and motivator.

Trent and Tarin came to see me finish, and take a candid picture...

No comments: