Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back To School Get Together

Activity Days

We had a combined Activity Days that had close to 30 girls show up.  Wish I took pictures, but it was pretty crazy fun.  Down by the creek of Heritage Park, we had 4 rotations.  One was chocolate fondue in the pavilion, two stations had water games, and finally I had the "spiritual" station.  I thought it was important that the girls make something to put on their backpack.  This key chain idea came to mind.  The flower represents growth and beauty.  On the back I wrote "GROW".

Having a plant I asked what it needs to grow.  Various answers.  I explained we also need things to grow, such as experiences.  I referred to these experiences as moments of good and even not so good moments.  We need the good, but we also need the bad to help us recognize the great times. Our Heavenly Father would love to give us only good experiences, but we wouldn't learn anything. When the girls are not having a good day or something makes them feel down, I told them to look at this key chain and remember that the Lord has given us these moments to learn from and to be strong and GROW.  Think "what does the Lord want me to learn from this?" and to move forward.  And of course, we are all made with love from our Heavenly Father.

No comments: