Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Family History

Activity Days
Beginning of June, we talked about what family history is, and why family history...they all brought pedigree charts.
We had some great discussion.  Pres. Faust had a short article on this that I shared.  And the best part was seeing the light bulbs go on for some of these girls.  I'm sure here in Utah, they've been exposed to it, but never had a deep discussion about it.  The final "ah ha" was when I brought the temple into it.  Linking our family together through the amazing blessing of temples.  I shared a dvd the church had put out about one of my ancestors my great great great grandfather John Tanner.  I explained that even he and I are linked because all of our temple work has been done...Sealed together as family.

Next activity I had the girls prepare a little something to share about an ancestor while we were at the temple grounds.  (Temple is down the street, what an amazing blessing to take advantage of!!)  This was cools to hear and see the girls learn about their own heritage.


Such a glorious group of girls.  Their future is so bright!  Brings me such joy to be around them.
 
front: Spencer, Brooklin, Sydney, Abby, Madison, Jace (Madison's cousin visiting)
back: Emmie, Brooklyn, Noelle, Raegan, Tarin, Kazmyn
 Because there is so much potential in these girls, I wanted them to always think of the day they will be able to go to the temple.  Now is the time to prepare and keep themseves ready for the Lord.  I gave them each a "recommend".

Finally as a gift, I had rewritten their pedigree charts on to this cute family tree, then laminated it, so they could keep it always.
 

No comments: