Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Good Samaritan

Activity Days

This month is about The Parable of The Good Samaritan.  I really enjoyed this lesson and the girls really took to the discussion...leaving us with limited time to our activity, but it was all worth it.  I started by reading the parable out of the scriptures in Luke 10.  Then we watched the brief clip the church had published.  I was choked up, because I have a true testimony that we are all children of our Father in Heaven and we all are important and we are all each others "neighbors"...and we should all be treated as such.
Because we talked of service...I thought a spa day would be fun.  Just as Jesus washed his desciples feet, us leaders washed our girls feet (I missed getting some pictures of the girls doing this).

Also, using our hands in service is just as Pres. Uchtdorf described in his April 2010 address in General Conference.  The girls had a great time.

Finally, as a reminder, we sent the girls home with this little packet of goodies, "Serving with our Hands and Feet."

No comments: