Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Date

 I'm very simple so I'm glad Trent is better at this stuff then I am.  He put together the Valentine goody bags and flowers for the girls.  So this is what the kids saw V-day morning.  Lunches made, goodies, flowers and  bag of candy for the boys...chocolates and flowers for me.
 Yes, Leona wanted in on the action too...
For the grown ups Valentine's, we waited til the weekend to celebrate.  When Trent and I were dating 15 yrs ago, he taught me to snowboard up at Brighton during night skiing.  Cheaper at night for us poor college kids...  Anyway, with Sundance Resort closer and even cheaper (rentals and lift ticket--I don't have a board yet) we went there.  These were the slopes Trent blew his savings on and would ditch econ class for...oh the memories. 

Yep, I know I'm not looking and Trent thinks he looks funny too...that's what you get when you ask some guy to take a picture...
Since it had been 4 yrs since Snowbowl in AZ when I boarded last, then another 8 or so years before that...I decided to hit the bunny hill to make sure I remember my balance.  One time was all I needed then it was up the lift to better hills.
We felt young again.

Looking down from the lift...our boards dangling from our feet.

I think Trent would agree that I did pretty good.  I fell a few times and have a few bruises to show, but overall, I was able to keep up and carve up the mountain.  Sadly I had a basketball injury on my knee that was revisited on the mountain a few times, but otherwise nothing major...
Afterwards, we hit a Thai restaurant.  Oh it was so good.  A great night that brought us back to the good 'ol days.

No comments: