Thursday, June 2, 2011

Trap Shooting

A few weeks ago, Trent and I had a Groupon to try Skeet Shooting. At first I raised my eyebrows to the idea, but figured, 'hey, it's worth trying! After all, I do live in the deep south, right?!' I had shot a 22 before and held a shot gun, but never actually pulled the trigger on a shot gun. I've always heard there is a kick back on shot guns, so I've stayed away. Well, here was my chance.



Brief tutorial...
BTW, skeet shooting is side to side, and Trap shooting is in front of you. We figured we weren't "skilled" enough to do skeet.

"Pull!"



Yep, a little kick back, but nothing I couldn't handle. Can you see the little disc/clay pigeon? It was really a lot of fun! Trent had me go first, probably to see what he needed to beat. Out of 25 rounds, I hit (yep I did hit some) 8! I was told by that guy, that for a first time, 5 is considered really good. That's right, I did 3 more then that...

Next up...




Drum Roll...he did really good. *smirk* He hit the 5 mark. Yep, I beat him! I still remind him about it. He's thinking we need to go back so he can attempt to beat me... I'm up to the challenge!

1 comment:

Your Husband said...

YOU ARE GOING DOWN>>>> I'M PRETTY SURE YOU CHEATED SOMEHOW!!!