Monday, February 28, 2011

Remembering...

My last living grandparent George Edward Maynard, my mom's dad, had just past away the day after his 94th birthday. I had the great privilege to fly out and be with my family and my mom. I really hadn't been to a funeral or a service of anyone I knew before, so this whole experience was new to me. At the same time, this experience was a relief for my grandfather. Although he'd never been seriously ill or physically deprived, he was heart broken without my grandmother who had died 10 yrs earlier. I was glad to have the opportunity for not only me to know him, but my kids as well.

Summer 2010

My mom's brother and his family and our family were all able to be there.

Family together

Palmers

Maynard's

The next day we drove down to Tucson for my grandfather to be buried next to his wife. A grave stone was made for both of them together.






farewell to you, we love you and will see you again

1 comment:

rhondi44 said...

I like the flower on the casket picture...I hadn't seen that one...good job!! And the pic with Ashton and the flag, that one was awesome also.