Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Palmer Cabin

Over the weekend, my mom and I took the three youngest kids up to the cabin (Rian and Jarom were still w/ gma and gpa Wardwell in Utah). The temperatures in the valley were always triple digits...so 60's and 70's were just what we were needing. Up by Payson, close to the Mogollon Rim my parents have this really neat cabin. It was so peaceful, cool and I loved the smells of the Juniper pines! A smell I've missed.



Ammon thought the lights were perfect for chairs.


Loving the swing Gpa Palmer had hand crafted.



Hiking around the forest preservation in the 'backyard'.



Scrapping off the mud from the hike. It had rained a bit.



Up to the Rim.








cool binoculars to look at the view





Then on to Woods Canyon Lake. My favorite lake growing up! It is so beautiful! I loved showing my kids things I did when I was littl'er'. The trails were the best!



Even Ammon loved climbing all the rocks





Tarin and Raegan found makeshift fishing poles and decided to be like the other fishermen out there.


Ammon especially loved throwing rocks into the lake

Still trying to catch a fish.

1 comment:

Stacey DeMille Wardwell said...

What a wonderful place - it looks sooooo awesome!