Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lemonade Stand

It all started with my son wanting to earn money for something he had his eye on...an expensive something I might add. He wanted to grab junk from our garage and sell it on our lawn, until I looked out the window and wondered what he and the others were doing... once I put a stop to that he dragged his feet and said he wishes he could do a lemonade stand. Well, why not! So I started living vicariously through my kids from this point on and wanted to do one just as bad...never done one! To make it more 'successful' I decided to add other goodies to the mix to give people variety. I had the kids put a little of their own money into the equation to learn the process a bit more realistically. For the next week or so we were working hard to make this the best.oreo truffles








brownies/muffins


sign makers


fresh juiced OJ, lemonade, cinnamon rolls...


my set up helpers


The group all together working hard on a beautiful breezy day.

Turns out we didn't sell quite as much as anticipated, but the kids each made (on top of what they origionally put in) a whole...$3.00! Not a lot, but they had fun and got paid for it. I was very proud of them for sticking through with it and waving at all kinds of strangers that Walmart usually drags in.


1 comment:

Wendy said...

What a good learning project for your kids. How did you end up at WalMart? We did a stand one year during our neighborhood garage sale. They didn't sell a lot either, and it was a lot of work and baking. The whole neighborhood had lemonade stands that day, so I think the shoppers were inundated. But a few of the older men accompanying their wives took pity and dropped in some extra change.