Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hiking Mount Timpanogos

My sister Shanda and I took the first day to hike up in Provo Canyon. I've hiked this trail before, but my sis. had not... I just have to say, I thought I was in better shape, but wow, I was sore for many days...







We made it to Stewart Falls. Good thing too, it was already a hot day. But we were only a 1/4 of the way up.












You can't see Aspen Grove anymore, we were up near the top. You can see Heber Valley. One disclaimer, I wasn't use to the altitude...and I was so tired. We probably had only 45 mins to an hour left to make it to Emerald Lake, but we started to late in the day and decided to make our way down before the sun went down. I know Shanda, I was the whimp. You were dragging me up at the end.





It was so beautiful...and literally breath-taking. There were only a few glacial patches left.

1 comment:

Andrea Bake said...

That's awesome that you are so close with your sisters!