Sunday, October 5, 2014

General Conference

 My brother, Jeff, was kind enough to get tickets for our family for the Sunday morning session of General Conference.  My other brother, Ben, and his family were in town too, so we were all able to be there...sadly we sat seperately and didn't see each other, but it was our first time as a complete family to go to a session in the Conference Center.  Yep, even 6 yr old Ammon.  We weren't sure what to do with the little guy, because we were meeting up at Jeff and Alice's house afterward.  So we rolled the dice and took him in.  Luckily, it was chaotic and he wasn't questioned about his age (need to be 8+).  He was a challenge, but I had plenty for him to do.
Tried to get a good picture (Rian ducked out and Ammon and dad were on the other side of me).

Afterward, I was glad to get this picture of us altogether. 

We all met at Jeff and Alice's house for the afternoon session.  Scott was there with Hunter for a little while too, and Matt and Tana also came over.  Total: 21 kids, 9 adults...30 people!  But you know what?  I love chaos and it was a lot of fun being together.  We had candy bowls up by the TV and I had Conference 'Cash'.  I took notes and asked questions after each speaker for them to earn their cash to 'buy' candy.  Although it was hard work for me to pay attentions to all the speakers with my kids and others distractions, I think this helped them listen and learn 100 times more then before.  That made it worth it to me!
Love when family is together and learning together.  I cherish these moments.

No comments: