Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year of 2013

For Christmas we got a game our neighbors introduced us to, Ticket To Ride--Europe.  We really liked this game.  For New Years Eve, I taught it to all of my kids.  It's a complicated game, but I was impressed with how well several of them picked up on it.  It took awhile to play, which was perfect for this night.
We counted down to midnight and enjoyed sparkling cider and treats!  Gave all my kiddos a smooch on the check...even Leona got a few smooches from the kids, then called it a night.

Next morning...
This beautiful sunrise graced us with it's glory.  It has snowed every morning since Christmas...so even though a few flurries still allowed us to shovel the walks, this beauty is what makes it all worth it.  Happy New Year.  A great beginning.

I could name my 'goals' but really, I practically live day to day just getting through kids projects, and achievements, and hopefully remembering to do something for myself now and then.
This is what we saw this morning...kids decided to store it in the freezer.  Don't know why, another has already started to form...

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

We love Ticket to Ride Europe!