Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Grush Dairy Farm

Some of our friends from Georgia were out visiting family in Idaho, and we decided to drive up to Malta, Idaho to spend the day.  It was an easy drive.  Only a 2 1/2 hr trip up.  Such great views to see on the way.  Andrea and Alan Bake have kids almost matched up with ours, so over the years we've done several things together...this day wouldn't be any different.  It was such a perfect day of letting the kids see each other and enjoy the outdoors.

First off, Andrea grew up there on a dairy farm, so they gave us the tour of it.  This was her parent's farm.  It was so interesting.  And I loved that my kids got to see where milk really comes from.  I asked her brother Brian Grush (who also lived in Georgia for a few years--so good to see them and their family too) so many questions.  I hope he wasn't annoyed with me.  But I learned a lot and appreciated his time.  I didn't have my camera/phone with me til the end...but I was able to capture the kids with the calves.  Oh they are so adorable!  The kids liked it when they sucked on their fingers and ate out of their hands. 
Dylan Bake and Rian                                                                          Raegan and Rian


After a tour of the dairy farm, we took off to City of Rocks for lunch and hiking.  We stopped at their family bakery and got sandwiches and goodies then headed out.  It was amazing.  It was a small Zion National Park.  It was really pretty cool!
Haley and Tarin have been such good buddies over the years, I know they will always remember each other.


This looks steep, but really this isn't too bad.  As you can see, Ammon had no problem getting up there.  Tyler (green shirt) and Jarom have also been such great friends over the years, I know they will always be friends

Haley                                                     Tarin

Grush kids, Bake kids and Wardwell kids
Still can't believe I didn't get a picture with adults in it...we always get forgotten.


hiking the beautiful trails
on our drive back to Malta, Andrea pointed out some historical points in these charming little towns that were settled way back when...I loved these buildings and had to snap a picture of them...yep I finally pulled out my good camera


After a hot summer day...which to be exact, it was the first day of Summer, the kids all took a swim in the family swimming pool...or should I say the community pool.  They are the only ones around with a pool, and it comes from the warm spring.  With the cool breeze the warm water was nice for the kids.
Ammon, Dylan, Matthew, Raegan, Tarin and Haley
          Dylan trying to spray himself                                                                                        Rian wrestling Jarom...Andrea you look like you wanted to join in!


Ammon loved having his hair done by his big sis!

Andrea, Ethan and Alan having a splash competition...I think Alan won this one...sorry guys!


Ammon and Dylan are good buddies too...I love watching them play.                                          Ethan and Ammon


Tarin and Haley

Bakes and Wardwells :o)


After swimming the boys started launching off rockets.  They were able to find the first two, but the third one got away and the kids all went running to find it.  Raegan didn't have her shoes, so she didn't get too far, but I loved this pictures.  It's so beautiful out there!

Ammon didn't feel like going very far either, but rather follow the tire path of the moving sprinkler.  I loved watching him play.  Another of my favorite pictures.

After pizza and gathering up our stuff, we decided to say our goodbyes for now and head home.  It was a perfect day for all of us...Thank you Bakes and Grushes.  It was a day to remember.  We love you all!

On the drive home, I couldn't resist snapping this picture with my phone.  The Utah mountains at sunset are just spectacular!!  I think this was before Brigham City...I'm not sure.  But it was hard for me to keep my eyes on the road.  A picture perfect ending to a wonderful day.  Got home at 10 pm and the kids just snuggled into their cozy beds.

No comments: